- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swedish Meatballs With Dill Recipe
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Medium ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Dried dill||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1 Pinch|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh dill sprigs||3|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3033 Calories from Fat 1842
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g314.8%
Saturated Fat 88.2 g440.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 952.2 mg
Sodium 3444.7 mg143.5%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 60.2 g
Protein 134 g268.6%
Vitamin A 55% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 76.6% Iron 75.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter; add onions and saute 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add sauteed onions to crumb mixture along with ground beef, pork, salt, 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dill, allspice, nutmeg and cardamom; mix well.
4. Cover and chill 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
6. Shape meat mixture into balls, each about 1-inch (2.5-cm) in diameter. Heat remaining butter and saute the meatballs, half of them at a time, until brown. Transfer to an 8-cup (2-1) casserole.
7. Remove skillet from heat; remove all but 2 tbsp (25 ml) drippings from pan. To drippings in skillet add flour, and pepper. Stir to make a smooth paste.
8. Gradually stir in beef stock; bring to a boil, reduce heat, stirring constantly about 3 minutes until smooth.
9. Stir in cream and remaining dill; pour sauce over meatballs.
10. Cover and bake for 30 minutes until bubbling.
Garnish with fresh dill sprigs.