- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swedish Meat Balls Recipe
|Fresh bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Ground nutmeg||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Meat concentrate||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3602 Calories from Fat 2631
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 295 g453.2%
Saturated Fat 146 g730.2%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 1496.5 mg
Sodium 4772.1 mg198.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 161 g321.3%
Vitamin A 209.8% Vitamin C 43.2%
Calcium 84.5% Iron 88.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat until tender, but not browned.
3. Squeeze as much milk out of the bread as possible and place bread in a mixing bowl. Add the cooked onion, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg and mustard. Blend thoroughly. Add chuck and mixed herbs and blend thoroughly with the hands until well mixed.
4. Shape meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
5. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Brown meat balls, a few at a time, on all sides. As meat balls are cooked, remove from skillet.
6. Cook garlic in meat drippings for 1 minute. , Add meat concentrate, tomato paste and
flour and stir well.
7. Stir in beef bouillon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
8. Lower heat and stir in sour cream. Heat but do not boil.
9. Return meat balls to pan and simmer over low heat until meat balls are well heated.
10. Serve with hot buttered noodles, if desired.