- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swedish Meat Balls Recipe
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Ground veal/1/2 pound of either, if only one other meat is desired in addition to beef||1⁄4 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
|Salt||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dill weed||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.4%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292.5 mg
Sodium 1399.1 mg58.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 38 g75.8%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 17% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, soak the bread crumbs in milk or light cream for 5 minutes.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meats, eggs, onion, allspice, nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon dill weed, mix well.
3) Cover and place the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4) Then shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
5) In a skillet, lightly brown the meat balls in the heated butter.
6) In a slow cooker, place the browned meat balls and add rest of the ingredients alongwith the skillet drippings
7 ) Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.