- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swedish Double Chocolate Rounds Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), ground|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3467 Calories from Fat 1612
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 185 g285.2%
Saturated Fat 91.8 g459.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 574.3 mg191.4%
Sodium 117.3 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 405 g135%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67%
Sugars 155.3 g
Protein 58 g115.1%
Vitamin A 89.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 28.8% Iron 102.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, almonds, almond extract, then flour.
2. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
3. On floured surface, roll out dough into a round, 1/4 inch thick. With 2 3/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 30 cookies. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Cool on wire rack. Store, uncovered.
Make frosting and filling early on day:
1. In small, heavy saucepan, over low heat, place 1 14-pound bar German's sweet cooking chocolate and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir constantly until chocolate melts; use to brush each cookie top generously. In the center of 15 of the cookies sprinkle a few slivered toasted almonds.
2. Sprinkle 1 envelope unflavored gelatin on 1/4 cup cold water to soften; then stir over hot water until it is completely dissolved; cool.
3. In medium bowl, combine 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa, and cooled gelatin. With mixer at high speed, beat just until it holds soft peaks.
4. In another bowl, beat 2 egg whites until frothy; then beat in 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold into cocoa mixture; refrigerate until needed.
Just before serving:
On each plain cookie spread about 3 tablespoons cocoa mixture; cover with almond-topped cookie; repeat with all cookies. Serve at once. Makes 15.