- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
SVC Orange Apricot Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken thigh||2 Pound|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Apricot preserve||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Rosemary||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (for sauce)|
|Thyme||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|White pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1187 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 376.5 mg125.5%
Sodium 961.5 mg40.1%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 94.2 g
Protein 92 g184.7%
Vitamin A 44.4% Vitamin C 103.3%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Keep it aside.
2. Place a skillet over medium high heat for about a minute. Pour olive oil to it. Swirl and spread.
3. Place chicken pieces in skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until it is done. Remove chicken from pan, place it on a plate and allow it to rest.
4. For sauce, remove the same skillet from heat, pour white wine in it, and turn it back to heat. Whisk to remove the brown bits from the bottom and reduce the wine by half.
5. Add orange marmalade, apricot preserve, thyme, rosemary, and white pepper flakes to it. Mix them together.
6. Serve chicken with apricot sauce and thyme garnish.