- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Sutzukakia Recipe Video
|Ground beef||1 Kilogram|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 998 Calories from Fat 807
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.5%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.3 mg37.1%
Sodium 374.3 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak bread in water until moisten and remove the core. Squeeze water and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread core, egg yolk, salt, pepper, cumin, and olive oil. Mix well.
3. Roll mixture into meatballs and deep fry until nice and brown. Flip as and when needed for even cooking. Place them on a paper towel to drain.
4. Into a small bowl, transfer most of the fried oil, leaving some for making gravy.
5. Pour water in pan and place it back on flame.
6. Add tomato puree and give it a good stir. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Let it boil on low flame.
7. Drop meatballs, and simmer on low until thickened.
8. Serve hot with rice and enjoy!