- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sutarfeni - Shredded Vermicelli Recipe Video
|Fried vermicelli||7 Ounce (approx. 1 packet of fine vermicelli)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Almonds||1 Teaspoon, slivered (for garnishing)|
|Pistachio||1 Teaspoon, slivered (for garnishing)|
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.5 mg2.2%
Sodium 94.9 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot over medium high, add sugar, water and bring it to a boiling point.
2. Once done check for the 1 thread consistency. Switch off gas, add kesar and cardomom powder. Mix well.
3. Place this hot sugar syrup over a large bowl of ice water to let it cool quickly.
4. Take the fried vermicelli and put it in a plate. Once the sugar syrup has cooled, pour it over the fried vermicelli.
5. Serve the sutarfeni garnished with slivered almonds and pistachio.
To make the fried vermicelli soft, place a damp towel over it.