- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sussex Tartlets Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry||4 Ounce (White / Wholewheat, 100 Grams)|
|Cooking apples||1 Large, peeled and cored|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juice|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 24 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F/ 190° C
2. On a flour dusted work surface, roll the pastry into a ¼ inch sheet and cut into circles to line 18 tartlet moulds.
3. Arrange the tartlet molds on a baking sheet.
4. To make the filling, in a mixing bowl, grate the apples using a vegetable grater.
5. Add eggs, lemon, sugar and cinnamon to the apple in to bowl.
6. Using a wooden spoon beat till ingredients are well blended.
7. Using a dessert spoon, spoon the mixture into the tartlet cases.
8. Place the baking sheet with tartlets on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the tarts for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove tarts from the oven allow them to firm in the molds before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
10. Arrange tartlets on a doily lined platter and serve with tea or as desserts at a party.