- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Surprise Easter Eggs Recipe
|Confectioner sugar||1 Pound|
|Mashed potato||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate||8 Ounce|
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.3 mg
Sodium 17.2 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 70.7 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, 1/2 cup of butter, confectioners' sugar, potato, vanilla and coconut.
2) Cover and refrigerate the butter mixture for 3 hours.
3) Roll the butter mixture into eggs shape.
4) Place the eggs in refrigerator overnight.
5) In top bowl of double boiler, stir together chocolate, paraffin and 1 tablespoon butter.
6) Place the bowl over hot water, stirring continuously until melted and smooth.
7) Remove the bowl off the hot water bath and keep chocolate mixture warm.
8) Plunge the eggs into chocolate mixture and arrange on waxed paper to dry.
9) Serve the Surprise Easter Eggs, garnished with cake icing, if desired.