- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Surprise Sandwich Recipe
|Enriched white bread slice||1|
|Cottage cheese||1 Ounce|
|Thin cucumber slices||12|
|Hard cheese||1⁄4 Ounce, grated (About 1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.7 mg2.6%
Sodium 1009.1 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C
Calcium 11% Iron 0.56%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the bread slice on a broiler pan and toast well under broiler.
2) Remove the pan, flip the bread return to broiler and toast slightly,
3) Smear the lightly toasted side of the toast with cottage cheese.
4) Layer the cucumber slices over the cheese.
5) Dredge the grated cheese on top of cucumber and sprinkle with garlic salt.
6) Place the brad slice on the broiler pan and broil until cheese melts.
7) Serve hot with a small side salad if desired.