- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Surprise Pudding Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 51.5 mg17.2%
Sodium 219.7 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 37.9 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, take shortening and sugar. Blend it well.
2. Add vanilla and beaten egg. Beat it until it becomes light and fluffy.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve well.
4. Add it to the earlier creamy mixture along with milk. Ensure that you keep beating it well.
5. Grease 6 custard cups. Pour 2 tbsp of sour cream and 2 tbsp of brown sugar to it. Beat it well
6. Add the creamy mixture.
7. Bake it in moderate oven at 350° for 30 minutes.
8. To serve Surprise Pudding, turn it upside down in sauce dishes and top it with whipped cream.