- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Surfin Sapolopolous's Homemade dolmades aka Easy Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe Video
|Grape leaves||1 Bottle (1 l), preserve (from a Middle East Market)|
|For the filling:|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Beef mince||1 Pound|
|Jasmine rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium|
|Greek seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Zorob’s Greek Seasoning)|
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg
Sodium 222.6 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 462.2% Vitamin C 24.7%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely chop the onion, mint and keep it aside.
2. In a skillet sauté onion along with olive oil, sauté until brown.
3. Add the ground beef and break it up into small pieces, mix it with the onion and let it cook until the meat is brown.
4. In cup combine water with chicken boullion and chopped mint. Add this mixture to the ground beef and sauté.
5. Add the rice, salt and Greek seasoning and stir, let it cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
6. Rinse the grape leaves in fresh water and drain out all the salt from the leaves.
7. Boil the leaves in water for few minutes so that they soften.
8. Once done take one grape leave and add the spoonful of the filling and roll the leaves until the edges are sealed completely.
9. Continue until all done.
10. In a pot add water and arrange the rolled dolmas and add the lemon juice and let it steam for 30 minutes.
11. Serve them warm or cold. You can store them in a jar or container, in the refrigerator.