- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Superhealthy Salmon Burgers Recipe
|Boneless skinless salmon fillets||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut in to chunks (550 Gram, Four Pieces)|
|Thai red curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1 1⁄2 Inch, grated (Thumb Size Piece)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm), half chopped, half leaves picked|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (To Serve)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Large (Or 1 Small)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Golden caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.7 mg
Sodium 653.2 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 30 g59%
Vitamin A 139.8% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor bowl, combine the salmon with the curry paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander.
2. Pulse the mixture until coarsely minced.
3. Divide and shape the mixture into 4 burgers.
4. Use a swivel peeler to peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl.
5. Toss the vegetables with the vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
6. Add the coriander leaves and toss. Chill the salad in the refrigerator.
7. In a non-stick skillet or frying pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
8. Fry the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning until crisp and golden brown.
9. Divide the salad between 4 plates.
10. Serve the burgers with the salad and lemon wedges on the side.