- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Super Soup Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Creamy peanut butter/Super chunk peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Skippy)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant vegetable broth||28 Gram (2 envelopes)|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 284.1 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 27.5% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion and sautÃ© it until it is soft and golden.
3. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
4. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Simmer on reduced heat for 10 minutes to intensify the flavors.
6. Serve the Soup hot along with crusty bread or crackers.