- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Super Simple Pasta Recipe Video
|Quinoa linguine||2 Ounce|
|Artichoke hearts||3 , quartered (you can use canned or frozen but not marinated)|
|Serrano pepper||15 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced|
|Roma tomato||1 , diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided (1 tbsp for the basil oil and remaining for the sauce)|
|Basil||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 333.6 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.1%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 74.5%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the rustic basil oil – add basil leaves to a mortar and pestle with a little salt, the lemon zest and juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Crush it all up together, set aside.
2. Boil water and cook quinoa linguini according to the package instruction.
3. Drain the pasta but reserve the pasta cooking water.
4. For the Sauce – In a nonstick skillet pour in remaining oil, sauté the garlic for a minute over a medium heat.
5. Add in the pepper and sauté for another minute, place the artichokes and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Incorporate the linguine directly to the pan of vegetables with about 1/8 cup of the pasta water and stir for another minute.
7. Turn off the heat, and stir in about half the basil mixture.
8. Top the pasta with the other half of the basil mixture and a sprinkle red pepper flakes. Serve hot!