- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Super Bowl Spicy Chicken Crescents Recipe Video
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||2 (with excess fat removed, as many as needed)|
|Refrigerated crescent rolls||8 Ounce (more than this if you choose to have more than 24 chicken crescents)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (1/2-1)|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin seed||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Freshly ground black peppercorn||To Taste|
|Dipping mustard||To Taste|
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.1 mg
Sodium 418.7 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 3% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a knife, cut uncooked chicken breasts into small squares, as much you need and set aside.
2. In a quart-sized zip lock bag, place flour, salt, ground red pepper, ground cumin seed, and garlic powder. Shake the bag until the flour and spices are mixed together.
3. Into a heavy skillet or cast iron pan, pour peanut oil until it generously covers the bottom and heat over medium flame, until a pinch of flour will sizzle.
4. Place a handful of the cut chicken pieces into the bag with seasoned flour. Shake to coat well.
5. Place individual coated pieces into skillet in single layer.
6. Season with fresh black peppercorns over and fry until browned on both sides. Place it on paper towel to drain. Repeat for as many fried chicken pieces as you need to fill 24 pieces of rolls.
7. To fill the crescent rolls, separate them out into the 8 individual triangles that come from a box.
8. Divide each triangle into 3 triangles that are large enough to cover a piece of meat.
9. Place a piece of fried chicken on the widest end of a triangle, tuck the ends over the top, and roll the crescent, until the chicken is completely covered.
10. On a non-stick baking pan, place the rolls and repeat this process for the rest of the triangles.
11. Place it in oven and bake at 375 degrees F for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until crescents are puffed and golden.
12. Serve hot with dipping mustard.