- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunshine Salad Recipe
|Lemon-flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 No. 2 Can, 2 1/2 Cups)|
|Grated carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 982 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1512.2 mg63%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.6%
Sugars 164.2 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.7%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Stir the gelatin in hot water to dissolve.
2) Drain and reserve the syrup from the pineapple, level up to 1 cup with water.
3) Stir into the gelatin with the salt and vinegar, then refrigerate until slightly firm.
4) Gently fold in the pineapple, pecans and carrot, mix well.
5) In individual molds or a10x6x1 1/2-inch pan, pour the mixture and refrigerate until set.
6) Unmold on a serving platter lined with the salad greens and serve immediately.