- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunshine Muffins Recipe Video
|Self rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sundried tomatoes||4 , finely chopped|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Monterey jack/Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Corn kernals||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), Defrosted (fresh or frozen)|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and crumbled (6 slices)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melt|
|Butter milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.7 mg20.9%
Sodium 533.2 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, garlic powder, sundried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
3. Insert Monterey jack cheese, corn, and bacon in it. Mix well and set aside.
4. In another bowl, put butter, buttermilk, and egg. Whisk well.
5. Pour the egg mixture in the large bowl with flour. Gently mix them together. All you need is 15-18 strokes.
6. Fill greased muffin tin with ¾ of dough.
7. Pop it in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Serve muffins hot with tomato sauce.
If you don’t have buttermilk, then you can make substitute with one tablespoon of lemon juice, and a cup of milk.
You can just add lemon juice and milk in a bowl, and allow it to set for 10 minutes.
Vinegar can also be used instead of lime juice.