- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunshine Fruit Salad Recipe
|Torn salad greens||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Or Broken)|
|Cantaloupe balls||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), mixed together with honeydew balls|
|Honeydew balls||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), mixed together with cantaloupe balls|
|Oranges||2 , peeled and sectioned|
|Thin onion slices||3 , separated into rings (Use Bermuda Variety)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.5 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 58.6% Vitamin C 133.3%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wide shallow salad bowl, lay the crisp and fresh salad greens.
2. Scatter the melon balls, orange sections and onion rings on top of the greens.
3. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. In a jar with tight fitting lid or a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
5. Shake or whisk the dressing until all the ingredients are well amalgamated.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and use two salad spoon to lightly toss to coat.
7. Pour the dressing in an oil pourer and pass around at the table.