- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunrise Orange Mayonnaise Recipe
|Fresh orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 978
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.9%
Saturated Fat 21.1 g105.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.4 mg46.1%
Sodium 613 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 49 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 176.1%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small pan, place the orange juice and bring to boil.
2) Reduce the heat slightly, and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally. The juice should be reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons thick syrup.
3) In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sour cream.
4) Stir in 2 tablespoons of the orange syrup and the orange zest.
5) Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
6) Serve as a dip for any dish of your choice.