- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunny Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 Potatoes, About 1 Pound Each)|
|Idaho potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 Potatoes, About 1 Pound Each)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mango chutney||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon (Best Quality)|
|Scallions||4 , thinly sliced on the diagonal (3 Inches Each, Green Left On)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.2 mg
Sodium 553.5 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55%
Dietary Fiber 21 g83.8%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 436.7% Vitamin C 115.5%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 2 medium-size pots, prepare salt water and bring to boil.
2. Add sweet potatoes in one pot and cook for 5-6 minutes until just tender; keep uncovered.
3. In the other pot, cook Idaho potatoes for 8-10 minutes until tender.
4. Once potatoes are cooked; drain.
5. In a bowl, combine both the types of potatoes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. In a large mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chutney, and curry powder.
8. Add the potatoes and fold gently with a rubber spatula.
9. Add scallions and parsley; mix well.
10. Serve at room temperature.