- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunny Millet Poppy Seed Bread Recipe Video
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||8 1⁄2 Cup (136 tbs)|
|Agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Millet||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For greasing and dusting|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5291 Calories from Fat 1148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g205%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3955 mg164.8%
Total Carbohydrates 915 g304.9%
Dietary Fiber 155.9 g623.5%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 183 g366%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 93.9% Iron 302.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. Grease two pound loaf pans with oil.
3. In a large ceramic bowl, pour the water, yeast and sweetener, wait for 1-2 minutes until the mixture bubbles.
4. Stir in the flour(5 cups ) and mix until there are no lumps. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes or until double in size.
5. Add salt, oil and seeds. Then add flour(3 1/2 cups). Mix and knead on a dusted surface for 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Lightly grease the bowl, place the dough, cover and allow to rise until double in size.
7. Divide the dough into halves, shape and place in the pans and allow to rise again.
8. Once the dough has risen, bake at 400 F for 45 minutes.
9. Slice and serve accompanied with butter.
The bread can be stored at room temperature for a couple of days, in the refrigerator for a week and into the freezer for a couple of months.