- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunita's Surati Snacks (Biscuits) Recipe Video
|Bisquick||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black cumin||2 Teaspoon (1 - 2 Tsp used)|
|Fresh yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Low fat yogurt used)|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|To grease the cookie sheet|
|Oil/Cooking spray||2 Dash (For greasing)|
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 2.4 mg
Sodium 536.7 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 300 F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
3. Mix Bisquick and all purpose flour and sift them .
4. Add the oil and fresh yogurt to make a dough, (add water if needed). Add the cumin seeds and combine.
5. Divide into 36 balls, roll and flatten them into small cookies, lay them flat on the greased cookie sheet, and bake at 300 F in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes in the lower rack until the one side of the biscuits turn golden brown.
6. Then place the cookie sheet in the top rack and broil for 2 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to the lowest (170 F) and cook for 120 minutes.
8. Once done, remove from the oven, cool immediately and store in air tight containers.
9. Serve with a hot cup of Indian tea (masala chai) or coffee.