- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunflower Seed Peppers Recipe
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut into halves lengthwise and seeded|
|Pepper red||1 , seeded and cut into 1/2-inch squares|
|Sunflower oil/Other oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned, chopped|
|Button mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into quarters|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), lightly toasted|
|Thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Edam Or Gouda)|
|Pitted ripe olives||4|
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.1 mg
Sodium 202.1 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C 151.1%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Start the broiler and set on High.
2) In a medium-sized saucepan, saute the onion in the heated oil for 5 minutes until soft, stir in the onion and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, toasted sunflower seeds, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper to taste, stir continuously and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until thick.
4) In a saucepan, bring the salted water to a boil, add the green pepper halves, boil and simmer for about 6 minutes, until just tender. Then drain them well.
5) Place the green pepper halves on the broiler rack and season well with salt and pepper. Spoon the stuffing into the pepper halves, sprinkle with the grated cheese and garnish with olives.
6) Broil the pepper halves for a few minutes to melt the cheese .
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.