- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunday Trifles Recipe
|Sponge cake piece||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Leftover Pieces, Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Canned fruit juice/Sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|For lemon custard|
|Custard powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (Use Finely Grated Rind And Juice)|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce|
|Toasted flaked almonds||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.2 mg
Sodium 220.4 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 45.3 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 24.3%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use the base of 2 individual glass serving dishes, to place the broken pieces of sponge cake.
2) Sprinkle with fruit juice or sherry to moisten.
3) In another small basin, combine the custard powder with a little of the milk to make a thin smooth paste.
4) Use a saucepan, to pour the remaining milk and bring back almost to the boil.
5) Stir into the blended custard powder, mix well and pour back into the milk saucepan.
6) Fold in the grated lemon rind and stir over moderate heat until thickened and boiling.
7) Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and lemon juice.
8) Allow cooling by occasional stirring.
9) Pour the custard over sponge cake. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and place inside refrigerator to chill until ready to use.
10) Serve by topping with fresh cream.