- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunday Sweetbreads Recipe
|Calf sweetbreads||8 , washed (4 pairs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Chicken fat||4 Tablespoon|
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Potato flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 923.5 mg
Sodium 1489.2 mg62%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 66 g131.9%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak the sweetbreads in cold water for about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Take a saucepan and combine together vinegar, 3 cups water, 2 teaspoons salt and sweetbreads in it.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for another 20 minutes.
4) Remove the sweetbreads and plunge into ice cold water for about 20 minutes.
5) Measure 2 cups stock and reserve for later.
6) Take out the sweetbreads and remove its membrane. Also, dice the sweetbread.
7) Take a skillet and melt about 2 tablespoons fat in it. Add onions and cook until it turns brown in color.
8) Remove the onions and reserve for later.
9) Melt remaining fat in skillet and cook mushrooms in it for about 5 minutes.
10) Take a bowl and combine stock with flour. Mix until smooth and then stir into the mushrooms.
11) Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
12) Stir in sweetbreads, remaining salt, pepper, parsley, paprika and onions.
13) Heat and serve in patty shells or on toast.