- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sunchokes Gratinated Recipe
|Jerusalem artichokes||675 Gram|
|All purpose flour||30 Milliliter|
|Chicken broth||250 Milliliter|
|Half and half cream||125 Milliliter|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||60 Milliliter|
|Grated medium cheddar cheese||250 Milliliter|
|Dry bread crumbs||60 Milliliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2456 Calories from Fat 1228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g213.5%
Saturated Fat 88.4 g442.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 384 mg
Sodium 3566.4 mg148.6%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.2%
Sugars 70.5 g
Protein 114 g228.9%
Vitamin A 84.8% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 277.6% Iron 172.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) before baking.
2) Skin the artichokes and slice them into thick pieces.
3) Allow artichokes to be steamed for 15 minutes.
4) In the meantime, in a sauce pan, melt butter and add in flour.
5) Cook the mixture for 2 minutes over low heat to make a roux.
6) Pour in chicken broth and cream and minimize heat to simmer until the sauce thickens.
7) Add in Parmesan cheese and again simmer the sauce for 2 more minutes.
8) In a greased casserole dish, arrange alternate layers of artichokes and sauce, completing with a layer of sauce.
9) Add in cheddar cheese and bread crumbs and bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
10) Serve hot.