- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sun Cooked Louisiana-Style Shrimp Boil Recipe Video
|Corn on the cob||1 Medium|
|Red potato||3 Small|
|Spice mix||2 Tablespoon (southern spice blend)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 269.3 mg
Sodium 854.2 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.8%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 42 g83.7%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 33.6%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 31.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble a solar cooker with a black stoneware bowl with a lid within a larger glass bowl placed on a reflector.
2. In a bowl, take the potatoes, sausage and corn.
3. Mix in the spice blend,and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place it in the stone ware bowl and let it cook in the sun for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
5. Add in the shrimp and let it cook for another 2 hour and 45 minutes.
6. Plate it and serve it hot.