- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summertime Slaw Recipe
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Dried)|
Calories 32 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.17 g0.26%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 260.3 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, add cabbage, cucumber, and tomato to combine by gentle tossing.
2) In another bowl, mix tomato juice and remaining ingredients.
3) Use a wire whisk, to stir in the mixture.
4) Spread the tomato juice mixture over cabbage mixture.
5) Gently toss the salad to coat evenly.
6) Cover with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill completely.
7) Serve the salad chilled in individual plate and pass extra dressing on side.