- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Yellow Squash Soup Recipe with Basil by Luci Lock Recipe Video
|Crookneck squash/Green zucchini||4 , cubed|
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Vegetable stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Himalayan salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 879.8 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 47.2%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needpot
1. In a pot, add the butter and onions and saute for a few minutes.
2. Add the yellow squash into the pot.
3. Next, coarsely chop the basil and add it to the bowl along with the vegetable stock.
4. Season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid. Let this cook for 20 minutes.
5. Once done, using a hand blender, blend the soup into a smooth consistency.
6. Ladle into bowls, garnish with some cream and serve.