- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Pasta Recipe Video
|Penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pound (plum, cherry, or grape tomatoes)|
|Fresh mozzarella||8 Ounce, cut in 1/2" cubes|
|Fresh basil leaves||8 Large, coarsely chopped|
Calories 1388 Calories from Fat 441
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.8%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 213.3 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 35.9% Vitamin C 68.5%
Calcium 37.6% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using sharp knife, cut the tomatoes in half.
2. Roll the basil leaves together and cut in chiffonade.
3. Cut the mozzarella cheese in cubes.
4. In a large pot with salted boiling water, put in the pasta, stir once and allow to cook for about 8 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
5. Meanwhile in a pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and saute garlic and pepper flakes, until garlic is light brown in colour.
6. Add in the tomatoes, salt and pepper, and stir well.
7. Drain the pasta, put it in tomato sauce, add salt and stir well to combine for about 2 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat, add in the cheese cubes and basil stir to mix.
9. Serve hot immediately.