- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
|Eggplant||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cubed (1-Inch Cubes)|
|Scallop/Baby squash - 8 whole, each cut into quarters||10 Ounce|
|Scallop squash/8 whole baby squash, each cut into quarters||10 Ounce (Two 5 Ounce Each Pieces)|
|Zucchini||5 Ounce, cut crosswise into 8 equal slices (1 Medium)|
|Yellow squash||5 Ounce, cut crosswise into 8 equal slices (1 Medium)|
|Yellow squash||1 Medium|
|Barbecue sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Hickory flavored barbecue sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.83%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.4 mg
Sodium 170.9 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g33%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 45.2% Vitamin C 71.7%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large glass or stainless-steel mixing bowl, put together all vegetables.
2. In another small mixing bowl, combine barbecue sauce with 2 tablespoons water; stir well.
3. Add the barbeque sauce mixture to the vegetables; stir well to coat evenly.
4. Cover and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in refrigerator.
5. Preheat barbecue or gas grill on medium-high for 10 minutes.
6. On a 10 inch metal skewer, alternately thread 1/3 of the vegetable mixture and save the marinade.
7. Similarly prepare another 4 skewers with the rest of the marinated vegetables.
8. On a grilling or barbeque rack, arrange the kabobs and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Brush reserved marinade and turn over the kabobs; cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Serve immediately with favorite sauce.