- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Savory Butter Recipe
|Minced savory/2 teaspoons dried savory||1 Tablespoon (Fresh, Summer Savory)|
|Unsalted butter||12 Tablespoon (1 Stick Plus 4 Tablespoons)|
|Shallots||2 Large, peeled and minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1358 Calories from Fat 1287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 146 g225.4%
Saturated Fat 92.5 g462.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 387 mg
Sodium 50.5 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 157.5% Vitamin C 152.3%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Squeeze out juice from lemon and keep aside. If using dried summer savory, in small bowl mix lemon juice with dried summer savory to enhance the herb flavor.
2) In a bowl, with a food processor or electric mixer cream butter.
3) Mix shallots, garlic, parsley, and summer savory to butter and beat till done.
4) Add lemon juice one teaspoon at a time and beat until blended.
5) In a small bowl turn herb butter, cover, and refrigerate till use.
6) Serve summer savory butter with sauteed chicken breasts.