- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Pudding Recipe
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White bread slice||12 (Thin)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg
Sodium 227.2 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.2%
Sugars 32.1 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 73.8%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove stalks from currants and cherries
2. Use a small sharp paring knife to stone the cherries and place in a colander with raspberries.
3. Rinse the fruit and drain.
4. Slice crusts of bread slices and cut each into half.
5. Grease a 6 cup soufflé or Charlotte mold.
6. In a large heavy enameled saucepan combine fruits, water and sugar.
7. Place on a medium flame and heat to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
8. Boil just until fruit is soft and liquid is syrupy.
9. Line sides and base greased mold with bread halves, trimming the excess at the rim.
10. Spoon the fruit mixture into the mold.
11. Cover fruit mixture with remaining bread halves.
12. Weigh pudding down with a heavy flat plate
13. Refrigerate overnight to set and chill.
14. Loosen sides of pudding with tip of knife and invert onto a serving plate, lightly and sharply tapping the mold to unmold the pudding.
15. Top with whipped cream or serve on the side.