- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Pudding Recipe
|Stale, crestless white bread slice||8 (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Mixed berries||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1125 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 881.8 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 261 g87%
Dietary Fiber 30.5 g122.1%
Sugars 144.9 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 202.5%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 0.06%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Hull and wash the fruit. Discard pits from the cherries.
2) Base the bottom of a 4-cup souffle dish with enough bread.
3) Line the sides with bread, covering well and if required cutting into shape to fit well.
4) In a wide heavy-bottomed pan put fruit and sprinkle the sugar over it.
5) Over very low heat boil the contents for 2-3 minutes only. Let the sugar melt and juices begins to run.
6) Transfer gently fruit and the remaining juice into the bread-lined souffle dish.
7) Top with bread and cover well.
8) Put a plate on top that fits the inside of the dish and press down placing a heavy object on top.
9) Chill pudding for 8 hours.
10) Remove the weight and plate.
11) Turn the pudding upside down to unmold the pudding.
12) Pour reserved fruit juice on top of bread that has not soaked well.
13) Serve with a bowl of cream or whipped cream.
Strawberries, raspberries, red currants, black cherries, are ideal for this dish.
Varied fruits can yield better results.