- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Pudding Recipe
|Wholemeal bread slice||6|
|Fruit||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Demerara sugar||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (140 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2087 Calories from Fat 594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g102.3%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 883.6 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 353 g117.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.9%
Sugars 252.4 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 60% Vitamin C 360%
Calcium 12% Iron
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pick bread which is still fresh and cut it into medium-thick slices.
2) Line a 2-pint bowl oe basin with the bread. Where required, cut the bread further so that it fits well and here are no gaps.
3) In a colander under cold running water, wash the fruit and allow to drain.
4) In a pan, place the drained fruits without any additional water. Stew till the juices start to flow and then add sugar as needed.
5) Into the basin, pour the fruit till it is full and then cut more bread pieces to close the top.
6) Place an appropriately sized plate inside the dish and put a small weight on it. Allow to refrigerate overnight or at least some hours so that the pudding has set pretty solidly.
7) Serve chilled with fresh cream after turning pudding onto a plate.