- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Fruit Tart Recipe
|Piecrust mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Cream style cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Pineapple cream flavor instant pudding mix||3 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned apricot||29 Ounce, halved, drained (1 Can)|
|Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, stemmed and drained|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apricot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (From Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 54.1 mg18%
Sodium 509.3 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 53.3 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 75.1% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take 10-inch pie plate and lightly flour it.
1) To make tart, in a medium-size bowl, combine pie-crust mix, cardamom and sugar.
2) Stir the egg in the mixture and whisk with fork lightly so that dough holds together.
3) On a lightly floured pastry cloth or board, roll out a 13-inch round from the dough and fit it into the floured pie plate.
4) Trim the overhang to 1/2 inch; turn under flush with rim, flute the edge and prick all over with a fork.
5) In a hot oven at temperature 400Â° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Cool the shell on a wire rack.
7) To make filling, in a medium-size bowl, combine milk and cottage cheese and add instant pudding mix.
8) Stir the mixture for 1 minute of until it thickens.
9) Pour it into cooled tart shells.
10) Keep to chill.
11) Garnish the tarts with apricots and blueberries.
12) For glaze: In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch with sugar.
13) Add apricot syrup and cook for 3 minutes. Let the sauce boils while stirring continuously.
14) Remove the pan from heat and stir in lemon juice.
15) Pour the sauce over the tart filling and serve.