- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Fruit Fool Recipe
|Pureed fruit||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram, apricots, blackberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries, raspberries)|
|Thick custard||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Sponge fingers||8 (for serving)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1538 Calories from Fat 714
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g122%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 176 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.05%
Sugars 78.3 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, stir the puried fruit and custard together until mixed.
2) Fold in the whipped cream until thoroughly blended.
3) In individual freezerproof ramekins or serving dishes, spoon the mixture.
4) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Cover each dish with a foil, then place in freezer bags, seal, label and freeze.
5) Serve the Summer Fruit Fool with sponge fingers.
6) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, then thaw in the refrigerator for 6 hours and serve as indicated in step 5.