- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Casserole Recipe
|Stewing lamb||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Young carrots||1⁄2 Pound, sliced lengthways|
|Turnip||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Broth/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 992 Calories from Fat 588
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.4%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g153.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.6 mg
Sodium 1142.5 mg47.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 75 g149.3%
Vitamin A 262.3% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 44.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Trim the meat and neatly cut it into pieces.
3) In a sauté pan, heat the fat and brown the meat pieces. Move them to a casserole.
4) In the fat left behind in the pan, brown the onion and place it in the casserole as well.
5) Except peas, add all other ingredients to the casserole, cover it and cook in preheated oven for about 1 ¼ hours.
6) Add the peas and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
7) Serve hot after removing the mint and thyme and adjusting seasoning to taste.