- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Berry Compote Recipe Video
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), slice|
|Blackberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Medium|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 836 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g70.1%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100%
Sugars 180.9 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 471%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the sugar, lemon zest, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries and mix well.
2. Let this mix sit for 2 hours or overnight.
3. Add the berry mix to a pan and bring to boil.
4. The berries will start disintegrating to form a liquid consistency.
5. Remove the berries from the pan at this point.
6. Let the remaining liquid in the pan reduce.
7. Remove any foam that forms.
8. Mix the reduced sauce and the berries in a bowl.
9. Serve along with dessert as a serve additional flavor.
You can bottle the berry compote and gift it to family and friends.