- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Berry Chicken Salad Recipe Video
|For berry chicken salad|
|Field greens mix||2 Bag (2 kg), pre-washed|
|Ripe strawberries||1 Pound|
|Pecan||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Gorgonzola cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled|
|White wine marinade|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 (for juicing)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Blackberry balsamic vinaigrette|
|Blackberry preserves||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1519 Calories from Fat 1056
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g184%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.9 mg
Sodium 2570.7 mg107.1%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.4%
Sugars 44.4 g
Protein 38 g76.1%
Vitamin A 45.2% Vitamin C 232.2%
Calcium 35% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For preparing the marinade, chop the oregano and 2 cloves of garlic.
2. In a mixing bowl, throw in the garlic and oregano and add the white wine, soy sauce, salt, pepper and whisk them.
3. Place the chicken into this prepared marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix field greens with strawberries, and blueberries and keep them aside.
5. For making the blackberry balsamic vinaigrette, in a mixing bowl, add the blackberry jam, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
6. Add fresh orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Make sure to continue whisking the mixture while adding the olive oil.
7. Grill the chicken until fully cooked or inner temperature reaches 165 degrees and place aside.
8. Chop the pecans and mix with the berry-greens mixture. Add the chicken slices on the top.
9. Add the crumbled gorgonzola cheese and blackberry vinaigrette on the top.
10. Serve the salad in a serving bowl.