- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sukiyak (To Be Cooked at Table) Recipe
|Boneless sirloin steak||2 Pound, sliced 1/8 inch thick|
|Green onions||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Bamboo shoots||5 Ounce (Drained)|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small|
|Shoyu sauce/Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||2 (Dissolved In 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Boiling water||500 Milliliter|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef suet/Shortening||1⁄4 Pound|
|Cooked white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.3%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.7 mg
Sodium 2471.9 mg103%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 38 g76.8%
Vitamin A 98.1% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut beef into 2-inch strips.
2. Preheat electric skillet to 350F.
To Prepare vegetables:
3. Peel onions and slice very thin.
4. Diagonally slice green onions and tops into 1-inch pieces.
5. Slice mushrooms and bamboo shoots 1/4 inch thick.
6. Cut spinach in 1-inch strips and shred cabbage.
7. On a large serving platter arrange all these ingredients and the shirataki attractively.
8. In small saucepan, heat combining shoyu, sugar, bouillon and monosodium glutamate stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
9. Fry suet in skillet to lubricate pan and remove.
10. Add onion and green onion slices, saute, stirring occasionally, until golden.
11. Add remaining vegetables and shirataki.
12. Cover with beef strips, overlapping if necessary.
13. Pour on sauce mixture and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
14. Turn meat and simmer just until vegetables are tender—about 5 minutes.
15. Serve at once, with hot rice.