- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sukhdi recipe (Gor Papri or Gol papdi) Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ghee||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates/Rice crispies/fried poha||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (more or less to taste)|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.7 mg
Sodium 12.4 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 3% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. An Indian Thali (plate) or a cake baking dish can also be used as an alternative - to spread the gol papdi.
1. Take a pot, and heat it with the ghee. Once the ghee starts melting, add the flour.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and stir well continuously.
3. Once done and the color is brownish, add the jaggery and keep stirring for about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add the dates and continue to stir for about 10 minutes.
5. Take a large greased plate (Indian thali) or a baking dish and spread the gol papdi in it. Press tightly so that it firmly fits into the dish. Set aside and allow it to cool.
6. The gol papdi can be cut into cubes using a knife and served.
Fried poha can be used instead of dates. In that case you can adjust the sweetness by adding more jaggery.
The prepared gol papdi can be stored in an air tight container for later use as well.