- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Sujebi Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for the dough)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (for the dough)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the dough)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (for the dough)|
|Dried kelp||30 Gram (4Ã6 inch square, for the stock - mild version)|
|Anchovy||10 Medium, dried with the heads and guts removed (for the stock - mild version)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced (for the stock - mild version)|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, minced (for the stock - mild version)|
|Potato||3 Medium (for the stock - mild version)|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (for the stock - mild version)|
|Kimchi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (for the stock - spicy version)|
|Kimchi juice||2 Tablespoon (for the stock - spicy version)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dried with the heads and guts removed (for the stock - spicy version)|
|Hot pepper paste||2 Tablespoon (for the stock - spicy version)|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.5 mg
Sodium 853.5 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 51.5%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To prepare the dough for noodles:
1. In a large bowl combine 2 cups of all purpose flour with ¾ cup water, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and knead by hand for 10-15 minutes until the dough gets softer and sticks together firmly.
2. Alternately use a food processor, use the dough blade and knead all the above ingredients for 1 minute until the dough sticks together and gets lumpy.
3. Put the dough into a plastic bag and keep it in the refrigerator.
To make the Stock (Mild Version) :
4. In a large pot place 10 cups of water and add about 4×6 inch square of dried kelp and 10 dried anchovies (with the heads and guts removed).
5. Bring it to a boil for 15-20 minutes over medium high heat, then lower the heat to simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. Turn the heat off and take the anchovies and kelp out.
7. Peel 2 medium sized potatoes and cut them into 6-7 chunks each. Add them to the pot.
8. Add a half cup of sliced onion and 3 cloves of minced garlic to the pot.
9. Boil for 10 minutes over medium high heat.
10. Cut the kelp into bite sized pieces, chop 1 stalk of green onion and set them aside.
11. Open the pot and add 1 tablespoon fish sauce and the kelp strips.
To make the Stock (Spicy Version) :
12. In a shallow pot, place 3 ½ cup water, ½ cup chopped kimchi, 2 tablespoon kimchi juice, 1 medium sized potato (peeled and cut into chunks), ¼ cup amount of sliced onion and 5 large dried anchovies (after removing the heads and guts).
13. Close the lid and bring to a boil for 10 minutes over medium high heat.
14. Lower the heat and simmer another 10 minutes.
15. Chop 1 stalk of green onion and set aside.
16. Open the lid of the boiling pot and take out the anchovies and add 1-2 tablespoon hot pepper paste stirring it with a spoon.
17. Take out the dough from the refrigerator and knead a few more minutes until the dough gets smooth and silky.
18. Put the dough back into the plastic bag.
To make noodles:
19. Put the dough in your left hand and pull and stretch it with your right getting it as thin as you can.
20. Then tear it into bite sized pieces with your right and drop it into the boiling soup.
21. Repeat this until the dough runs out.
22. Close the lid and cook for a couple of minutes to let the noodles cook.
23. Open the lid and add the chopped green onion and some sesame oil.
For the mild version :
24. Transfer to a bowl and serve hot with kimchi.
For the spicy version :
25. Serve hot with the soup.