- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugared Pecans Recipe Video
|Egg whites||6 Medium|
|Cold water||6 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 21855 Calories from Fat 16412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1961 g3016.7%
Saturated Fat 169.5 g847.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5139.9 mg214.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1010 g336.6%
Dietary Fiber 270.3 g1081.1%
Sugars 718.7 g
Protein 392 g783.1%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 51.1%
Calcium 218.3% Iron 392.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. In a bowl, place egg whites and water and beat with mixer until frothy.
3. Add in the sugar and cinnamon, and stir to dissolve the sugar.
4. Add pecans and stir to coat the pecans well.
5. Place the pecans evenly on 2 greased cookie sheets and spread to make single layer.
6. Sprinkle the nutmeg over the pecans.
7. Bake the pecans in oven for at least 60 to 90 minutes, turning every 15 minutes with a spatula and check them.
8. Pour the pecans on aluminium foil or parchment paper and let cool.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Serve as desired.
Depending on how crunchy you want them, you can cook them a little longer.
Just keep on testing them and watching them so they don't burn.