- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Almond Biscotti--Perfect Christmas Gift! ☆ Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond flavored liqueur/Almond extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3605 Calories from Fat 1349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 160 g246.1%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 1385.1 mg57.7%
Total Carbohydrates 468 g155.9%
Dietary Fiber 40.8 g163.2%
Sugars 249.2 g
Protein 102 g204.3%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 105.5% Iron 132.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Prepare a 15-inch by 9-inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and spraying it with cooking oil spray.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, egg yolk and sugar with an electric hand-mixer, until light and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
5. Beat in vanilla extract and Amaretto. Stir in dry ingredients and chopped almonds to form dough.
6. Spoon dough into 2 logs on baking pan. Brush each log with egg white and sprinkle with a small amount of sugar.
7. Bake at 325F for 20 minutes, or until logs are golden and beginning to crack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 40 minutes.
8. Using a serrated knife, slice logs diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
9. Place slices flat on baking sheet(s) in a single layer. Bake at 200F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
10. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.