- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar Snap Peas In Toasted Sesame Seed Vinaigrette Recipe
|Sugar snap peas||1 Pound, stem ends and strings removed|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, crushed through a press|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oriental sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 127.4 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 116.9%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, pour in water and add salt.
2) Place over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
3) Add sugar snap peas to cook until crisp-tender, about 30 seconds.
4) Drain the sugar snap peas and rinse under cold running water. Drain well for the second time.
5) In a heavy skillet, add the sesame seeds and toast these over moderate heat, stirring, until nut brown, about 3 minutes.
6) Transfer on a plate to cool.
7) In a medium bowl, add garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper to combine. Pour in vinegar and blend well. Whisk in the olive oil and sesame oil.
8) Place the sugar snap peas and toasted sesame seeds into the bowl. Toss well.
9) Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.