- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar Snap Pea and Summer Squash Salad with Rye Croutons Recipe
|Fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dill seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Champagne vinegar/White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Light olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Rye bread slices||3 , crusts removed, cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar snap peas||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Summer squash||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/8-inch-thick slices|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 252.4 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 73.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a small bowl, add fresh dill, dill seed, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper to combine. Pour in the vegetable and olive oils to whisk until blended.
3) In a baking sheet, place the bread cubes. Drizzle with melted butter and toss well to to coat evenly.
4) Place the baking sheet inside oven to bake for 12 minutes, Bake until crisp and golden brown.
5) In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, place the sugar snap peas to cook for 2 minutes or until bright green and crisp-tender.
6) Using a slotted spoon, remove the sugar snap peas on a colander.
7) Rinse the sugar snap peas in cold running water until cool.
8) In the boiling water, add the squash to cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
9) Remove the squash and rinse in cold water.
10) Drain both the vegetables and pat dry on paper towels. Cut the sugar snap peas into 1-inch pieces.
11) In a large salad bowl, place the sugar snap peas and summer squash. Pour over the dressing and sprinkle croutons on top to toss. Serve immediately.
The croutons can be made up to 1 day ahead. Store them in a covered container at room temperature.
Steps 1-10 can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate the vegetables until ready to use.