- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar Pie Recipe
|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch sweet shortcrust pastry shell||1|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, cut into 1/4 -inch bits|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, preferably freshly grated|
Calories 653 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.1%
Saturated Fat 27.8 g138.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.3 mg
Sodium 42.6 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 45.6 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°.
2. Sieve combining the brown sugar and flour and rub them directly into the pie shell with the back of a spoon.
3. Spread the mixture evenly and pat it flat with your fingers or the spoon.
4. Then stir the cream and vanilla together and dribble them slowly over the sugar-flour mixture.
5. Scatter the butter bits on top and sprinkle the pie with the nutmeg.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 1 hour until the top is golden brown and feels firm when prodded gently with a finger and the top of the pie is lightly filmed with melted butter.
7. Let the pie cool to room temperature and then serve.