- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar-Free Carrot Cake (Pound Cake) Recipe Video
|Sugar substitute/Sugar||30 Gram (If using regular sugar, use 90 grams)|
|Mixed dried fruits||70 Gram (raisins, pineapple, cranberries, orange peel (no sugar added))|
|Vegetable oil||120 Milliliter|
|Cake flour||200 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 97.5 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 43.7% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C or 338 degrees F .
3. Grate the carrot with a coarse grater (or in a processor if you have).
4. In a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
5. In a bowl, beat eggs.
6. Add sugar and mix well.
7. Mix in the grated carrot, mixed dried fruit, and chopped walnuts.
8. Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
9. Add the sifted dry ingredients and fold in with a spatula.
10. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the top. Use the spatula to cut an incision lengthwise down middle of cake to prevent unwanted cracks on the surface.
11.Pop it in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes.
12. Cover the cake with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too much.
13. Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool.
14. Slice and serve with a cup of coffee.
When the cake is completely cool, wrap tightly in plastic wrap. It will last wrapped this way for few days (in the fridge).
You can also wrap each slices of pound cake individually with a plastic wrap.